Monday, February 13, 2006

The Toilet Roll Query

I know I know it's been a while and for that I apologize. Being that I have a little one now, you'll have to forgive my transgressions. Anyways I was walking in the aisles of Target yesterday with wifey when we came up to the toilet paper aisle. She went to get the double roll (you know the one, it says 12 big rolls equals the same as 24 regular rolls). I gasped. I asked her what the hell she was doing grabbing the one that said 12 and not 24. She carefully schooled me in the fact that it's the same amount of TP it's just that the rolls are double the size.

Calmly, I shook my head. "No, no my dear," I said. I told her that it was a conspiracy by the toilet roll companies to have you buy that size (they are the same price) but in actuality rip you off some toilet paper. She looked at me (probably the same way you all are looking at the screen now) like I was crazy and told me we were getting the double roll. Reluctantly, I agreed. But in all honesty, my query is not that far fetched because how many people do you think are going to roll out a double roll and 2 rolls of the regular stuff to ensure that you aren't getting ripped off? Charmin could be robbing you of toilet paper right now and no one would know.

Being the inquisitive young man that I am, I decided to try it out for myself to prove to wifey that I was right. I rolled 2 ordinary rolls out and 1 double roll and lo and behold guess what happened? The double roll was more than the 2 single rolls put together. Wifey then had a smirk on her face that said I told you so. HA! I told her, I had just gotten to conspiracy wrong. It seems that Charmin is ripping off you poor souls who thought the way that I thought.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I refuse to believe this. Also...what did you then do with the toilet paper?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

No offense but...its time to post again.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter