Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's a Girl Part 2

Sorry for the long layoff folks but as you can imagine the Rican has been a little preoccupied these last few days. I promised you a more detailed play by play of Baby Ricanette's birth and I shall deliver. All in all it was a smooth labor and delivery. Wifey's water broke at 3:30 A.M. (how come it never happens in the middle of the day?) and we were in the hospital by 4:30. After some pain and some meds Baby Ricanette came out wide eyed at 11:50 A.M. She weighed 6lbs and was 19 inches long.

We had some awesome visitors at the hospital (thanks Maria) and ended up going home Saturday. The weekend was relatively uneventful except for our trip to Target to get her stuff since she came 2 weeks early and being a Rican you know my ass wasn't prepared since we're late for everything (obviously Baby Ricanette got some white genes). We had pretty good nights Saturday and Sunday. She had her first Dr.'s appointment yesterday but she's been kinda wild since. She's been up every 2 hours w/o fail. I didn't realize I could operate on two 2-hour blocks of sleep but I'm sure as hell working on it. That's the extent of my complaining though because she is beautiful (thankfully she doesn't look like me), healthy and has all 10 fingers and toes.

Lastly I want to send a thank you out to everyone who left a comment and/or emailed me to wish congratulations. It's been an awesome ride so far and I'm crazy excited to see what adventures Baby Ricanette can provide for us daily!

4 Comments:

Blogger Spexial said...

so glad everything worked out alright...10 toes and 10 fingers sounds good to me!...

congrats again..and of course i have to tease you because you got a girl!!!! lmao!!!!!

*get your shotgun ready* lol boys will be coming..hahahahahahha (or girls will be coming..ha! gotcha)

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, as professor spex said, watch out for those girls...

9:37 AM  
Blogger hanmee said...

Congrats again! Good thing for your wife that labor was relatively short for a first time, though those can sometimes be more intense. Btw, my water broke around 4pm so it doesn't always happen in the middle of the night :) (but I was in labor for about 31 hours and still ended w/a c-section so oh well).

Don't be surprised by all the trips you have and will be making for all the stuff you "forgot". We're procrastinators, but we thought we pretty much had everything we would need. We still had to go to the store all the time. Plus, you'll go just to buy something else to replace something that currently doesn't work for you.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

HOLY SH*T. I take a couple of weeks off the blogosphere and I come back and find out that you're married to Britney Spears.

Congratulations on the baby!!! For real. Damn. Freakin' Daddy!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter