Friday, August 05, 2005

Spring Break Story #1

SPRING BREAK '92!!!! OK so it really wasn't that far back (considering I was only 13 in '92) but it's the slogan my boys and I seemed to use every time we went to Spring Break since we had Buddha with us and he, being a bit older than us, would brag about being on Spring Break every year since 1992. No, this Spring Break was 2000 at Daytona Beach. It's kind of a sell out for someone from Orlando to go to Spring Break at Daytona (it's like 45 mins away) but we didn't take the time to plan anything else. This was still a memorable Spring Break.

We showed up at our hotel with about 12 people for one room. We got 2 keys for 12 people and 4 tickets for the free breakfast per day that was served from 6-8 a.m. (that was so fucking early for us that we usually didn't go to bed until after the free food and we went in turns so we could all use the tickets). One the guys had a "UCF Football" hat and was a pretty big dude. The rest of us are to small or too fat to even be considered football players but this guy definitely fit the look. Our first night we start roaming the halls in our hotel room and crash a party going on in the room next door. The people are cool, invite us in and get us drunk. Big dude comes in wearing his hat and everyone immediately asks if he is a football player. Next thing I know my other boy Woody is telling everyone at the party that we are all football players and that this is the only week of practice we are allowed to miss. Then everyone is all over us asking us what positions we play, if we are any good, etc. We all just start making shit up I said I was a fullback and Woody (who is like 5'9" and weights like 165 was like I'm the kicker. On the mornings, we would wait for people to start getting up around the hotel and then we would "work out" on the beach since we were supposed to stay in shape. We would do the dumbest shit. We would try to do push ups, crunches and run sprints just so we could get some play. We went from just drinking and partying to running and shit on spring break in our sandals!

Throughout the week everyone buys us drinks, calls us the UCF football players and basically kissed our asses. One night we start partying with the same crew from the hotel and one dude asks my boy Little Bitch (who said he was a receiver) what kind of offense we run. LB looks at me, shrugs and tells the dude, "well I don't really know dude, I don't play much so when I get out there I just run around" then tells the guy that we are getting ready for the draft. DRAFT???

We went from scrawny and fat to future NFL football players overnight. Next thing we knew, we had these 3 chicks from NY all over our jocks since we were going to go "pro." Woody even said told them that he was probably the best kicker in the country (pathetic!). Finally, I took the girls to the airport and each one of them gave each one of us their phone numbers and told us to call them if we get drafted by the Giants since they train near their college. To this day, we get emails out of the blue asking us what team we ended up playing for...

13 Comments:

Blogger MsPerdie said...

LOL!!!! You see how a little white lie becomes a big ass tall tale.... that's funny....

8:48 AM  
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Damn rican i've seen pictures of you in your younger years. These people must have been dumb and drunk as hell to believe that shit. I just hope you got some major play from that.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

lmao...lying is like a fuckin job..you have to keep up with it..lmao

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

oh shit, do you think those guys I hooked up with in Cancun were lying about declaring for the NBA draft?

9:46 AM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Nah Kim, I'm sure they were being honest about it. I mean there is a big market for 5'10 NBA basketball players.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

SPRING BREAK 92!!

Good times, man - good times!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

FR - That is too funny!! I've done the whole lying routine too, to get someone interested. Its pretty funny the worse the lies get!!

I am still waiting for the helecopter story!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

Good God, women can be stupid. LOL

11:28 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

LOL!! See what I mean about that lying shyt! I told you that it can bite you in the ass! Ihope you guyz got something for your troubles.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

I took your nerd/loser tests that were at the beginning of your blog and they were fun. According to them I am definately not a nerd or a loser! just thought you should know.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrote a Memphis movie. I've got to work to make it so you can...
"You wrote a Memphis movie. I've got to work to make it so you can shoot the way you want to shoot it." John Singleton, producer, convincing his Hustle & Flow writer-director Craig Brewer not to surrender to ...
Really good blog here! I will be checking it again.

Check mine ##KEYWORD# # if you get a chance.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Spirish said...

Love reading your blog! Hilarious:)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter