Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Proper Way to Ask?

WARNING: This post will have some sexual content to it. It's supposed to be funny so please no one take offense!

I was talking to one of my good friends from back home this past weekend and he asked me a very weird but funny question. He asked me what I thought would be a proper way to ask his girlfriend to trim a little. It appears that his girl doesn't quite shave the bikini area as much as he would like, but he doesn't want to offend her by asking her in a way that might sound rude.

After thinking about it for a while, I told him that perhaps he should try to bring it up in a conversation about what they like to do sexually. I figured if they were talking about fantasies and sex, it would be a good time to bring it up casually and say something like, "hey I'd love it if you would shave or trim a little closer." Perhaps even suggest that he might be willing to do more if she obliged (he's not a big fan of going downtown). I also suggested that he just make it out to be something that he's into not so much a problem with her. Or he could just be honest and say look baby girl it's a jungle down there, can you at least trim the shrubs?

He said he'd try it and see how it went. Well I talked to him today and it seems that the conversation didn't go over so well. She was upset that he would thought she was "hairy" and that he tried to use the incentive of oral as a reason for her to shave. She was embarrassed and now is PISSED at him. Naturally that equals no nookie of any kind.

Did I suggest the wrong thing? Should he have just kept his mouth shut and dealt with it? I always thought when it came to that one should be honest and let the other know what they wanted. Is there a proper way to ask your significant other to trim the shrubs w/o offending? Any amount of help would be appreciated since my boy is suffering from blue balls as we speak...

11 Comments:

Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Papi,
I think being straight forward about that is best, i had a girlfriend that was hairy down there and smelled a bit funky. I too confered with a friend at said to be straight up about it. I was, i told her to trim and dusche ( i dont know how the fuck to spell that so forgive my ignorance). An empty bottle and a bag full of hair later, we were in business and i was a happy scuba diver

3:46 PM  
Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

It sounds as though he handled it with some tact so perhaps once she gets over being hyper-sensitive, she will do it and surprise him.

4:16 PM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

He did the right thing, be honest... she may have a little bit of insecurity about it, but once she gets past that, then she shold be OK... tell him to suggest (of course after she gets over it) that he'll shave her, or shave himself too... Shit, I make mine shave his shit down, you don't want hair in between the teeth, neither do I..... LOL!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

I agree with msperdie that he should make it a group effort cuz women don't like it any more than men do. He should tell her that he finds it very sexy when she shaves really close and offer to do it for her when they're taking a shower together. You have to remember that some women are overly sensitive so instead of him making it seem like there is something about her (the bush area) that he doesn't like he should try to make it more like a fantasy. Then maybe she would be eager to do it more frequently in the future.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I'd have to go with the straight forward approach, but I take that approach with everything.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

str8 4ward is the way 2 go

8:30 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Straight forward is good. She is probably just really embarrased and getting pissed is how she is dealing with the embarrasment.

Another idea is you can go to some sex toy shops and they actually have shavers. He could have gotten a shaver and some massage oil and say 'baby, I'm gonna pamper you tonight'. Being shaved by your partner can be very erotic.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Sometimes, straight-forward can be TOO forward. Yes, you need to have open communication regarding issues such as these, but sometimes, no matter who open you are, the other person just doesn't want to cross a certain line. You know, sometimes leaving the tact out can work as well. Then she'll know that you really mean business, and sometimes, when someone reacts the way she did, they do it because they feel like you aren't being firm enough, and if they don't really want to do it, they lash out as a way to get you to back off. Just try being firm, so she knows you're serious and that her getting angry isn't going to make you change your mind.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jas... said...

Absolutely agree with Cherry. Make it into a good thing so that he gets the point across, doesn't hurt her feelings and maybe she will enjoy it enough that she continues with it from now on.

2:24 PM  
Blogger ~Deb said...

Okay...this is definitely a topic I can touch upon.

Being a lesbian, it's imperative that my partner shave and/or keep neat. It's cleaner, it's better for any type of sexual activity really- if you think about it. That's just my opinion though... There are plenty of people who like ~being in the jungle~ which to me, I cannot understand.

No nookie till you shave that cookie!

Thanks for posting this- got a few chuckles out of it.

Great writing! Very entertaining...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

"No nookie till you shave that cookie..." That's still cracking me up for some reason.

I think the straighforward approach was the right way to go. It even sounds like he tried to say it in a nice way.

It's not like he said something like, "Yeah, Hon, I was talking to my buddies about your out of control crotch hair and they all said I should tell you to shave that shit...so if you wouldn't mind..."

For his sake, I hope she gets over it soon...living in a nookie free zone isn't much fun.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter