Monday, August 01, 2005

First Actual Trial

Even though I've won 2 cases already, none of them have been actual trials. The first win was a preliminary hearing that got the cased tossed out and the second win was an appellate decision. Today tests my skillz as an actual litigator. It's a worker's compensation case in front of a judge (who also acts as the jury when he renders his opinion). Unfortunately, I won't know how I do until Mid-Late September since the judges don't render their opinions until 45-60 after the trial. I'm more nervous for this than I was for my other 2 and I'm lucky enough to spend 3 hours in the car one-way to think about my nerves and my case. Wish me luck everyone and I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow!

7 Comments:

Blogger Spexial said...

good luck rican!!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

GOOD LUCK RICAN, I KNOW YOU'LL KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Good luck!! You'll do great!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

Good luck - I am sure you will do great. :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

I have tagged you on my blog! :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Let's go Rican, is the damn trial over yet??? Update a sista! lol

2:17 PM  
Blogger MsPerdie said...

Don't worry Rican, you got it in the bag.... Good luck, and stay calm.... Woosah, if you need to (silently though)...LOL!!!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter