Monday, August 22, 2005

Casual Friday?

As many of you know, I work in a small town in a small law firm. The environment suits me well because the people are laid back and like to joke around. Since it's such a small office and since the partners actually own the building we are in, they are the ones that do the basic upkeep like mowing the lawn, planting trees, weeding, etc. The partners recently decided that they would make Fridays causal attire days. Basically this meant we could wear jeans. Recently, one of the partners has gotten more casual every week. One week he started wearing sneakers with the jeans and polo. Two weeks ago he went to just a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. Last week though he took it to a new level.

He once again walked in wearing a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. It had been a pretty crazy week because of tight deadlines and the recent loss of one of our paralegals. Late afternoon Friday, the partner announces that he's just going to do yard work the rest of the day since he was sick of looking at law stuff (can you blame him?). After an hour the other associate tells me to look outside my window and check out our boss. Would you believe it, this guy is digging up dirt and planting small shrubs in his damn boxers! No shorts, no jeans, no shirt, just his boxers and his sneakers.

After the initial shock wore off, I noticed that he was sporting some major plumber's crack. Obviously the other associate and I are grossed out but we had to fuck with him about it. I opened up my window and screamed out "CRACK KILLS!" He looked up and half laughed, half smirked like he was pissed. He yelled back that this was where "the ladies" put the dollar bills when they drove by (mind you this is in the middle of little town America where everyone knows everyone).

After closing my window (and blinds) I worked the rest of the day out and got ready to leave. The other associate and I walked out together looked to our right and saw the partner still working on the lawn but his boxers were pulled up about 3 inches below his shirt. I don't know if he did that in response to our comment or just to mess around with us. Man they never taught me anything about this when I went to law school...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Are you sure this was his boxeres and not those plaid shorts white folks wear?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

lol! don't front you know you wanted to be out there too in your boxers and golf shoes. Lets keep it real

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter