Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Asshole of the Week

It's time to revive an old Rican Tuesday tradition that for some unexplained reason I have ignored lately. The Asshole of the Week Award returns today! There have been many assholes since I last posted on this in July but there is no doubt who I have in mind for today's prestigious award. The Asshole of the Week award goes to none other than the Leomiti family. Oh you don't know who they are? Well you can read about it here or just read on for my explanation.

For those of you who know me, you all know how much I love reality tv. While Survivor and The Real World are my favorites, I still enjoy watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition a lot. I like what Ty and his gang do for needy people who desperately need a new place to live. In this episode, 5 kids lost their parents to cancer and heart failure within 3 months of each other and the Leomiti family took them into their home. They made a tape to send into ABC pleading for a bigger house since their 1,300 square foot home could not accommodate 5 more people. They were selected and ABC built them a new home and gave all the kids over 16 cars. Now it seems that the Leomiti family only wanted the kids to move in so they could get selected for the show and have a bigger home built for them. It seems that they have been using racial slurs toward the 5 orphans (who are black) and began working to evict the kids from the home through physical abuse and name calling.

How the hell are you going to invite 5 kids to live with you after they lost both parents in a 3 month stretch only to increase your chances of getting selected for a show them pepper the kids with racial slurs and physical abuse so they move out of the house? How are you going to take away the kid's cars and other prizes the show gave them? The 5 kids have sued and if it turns out what they are alleging is true, here's hoping they get what they deserve since they were the reason you were selected. Congratulations Leomiti family! You all are my Asshole of the Week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gold Nugget said...

My question is the greedy ass attorney who is suing ABC and the people who built the house. I gotta say that that lawyer should also be included on your asshole of the week along with this story. It's obvious that ABC is gonna choose a story that is more heartfelt than others. How else would they provide for the building and all the equipment provided by Sears. If the ratings are low, ABC doesn't make money, Sears doesnt make money and after that no one gets a house.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Sorry i meant to say that my comment is directed towards the attorney, i didnt have a question

8:57 AM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

I have never been so disgusted in my life. I'm a faithful viewer of that show and I saw that episode. I can't believe that I was actually thinking that those people were so great. They should get kicked the fuck out and the orphans should get to keep that house!!!!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Sorry freaka raca whatever and all of you who are jealous of the Leomiti family, it is unfortunate that you all didn't get the Lord's blessing like the Leomiti's did. All of you will go to hell for pointing fingers at the Good Samaritans (Leomiti Family). They did the best thing that anyone can do, doing a Good Deed, for the Higgin's Kids, in which is something that you all are not capable of doing, because you all have bad hearts and can't see the truth.

The fact of the matter is anyone who posts a negative comment about the Leomiti Family for being blessed are none other than jealous, low life, no good A--Holes. That's right. And you know what, you all will never be blessed and that's the God's honest truth.

My advice, best you pray for your blessing and leave the Leomiti's alone, they are blessed.

~Jamo~

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter