Tuesday, August 09, 2005

21 B-day Party aka Helicopter Story

As you all read in my last post, I had a hell of a time on my 21st birthday. As I'm sure you have already forgotten though, my birthday was on a Thursday, so naturally we had all weekend to party it up like it was 1999 (even though it was already 2000). Well we decided to throw a party on Friday (the day after my drunken debauchery in the club full of mistakes).

Just for a little bit of background, we had been throwing parties for about a year (our first big one was my 20th b-day where I was "detained" by the police but that's another story for another post). We had built quite a reputation that our parties were always a lot of fun, had great music (since one of my boys is a DJ) and tons of females. We printed out about 60 flyers to pass out at school with directions to the house and passed them out during the week. Our flyers were gone in like 2 days so we knew we would probably have a ton of people at the party.

Friday comes around and I'm hungover as hell. I can't believe we are actually going to have this party tonight and still gotta get ready. I finally get out of bed and throw away my puked on clothes (which hurts because it was my favorite shirt) around noon.We gathered up a lot of the crew and headed up to the liquor store to pick up the kegs. Our standard party issue keg requirement was 2 since we never liked running out and if anything was left over we would drink it while cleaning up the person's house we just trashed. We decide on 5 kegs because we just weren't sure how many people were coming but we knew there would be a lot. By the way this was a Hawaiian party so I was in my loudest ass flower shirt and lays all around my neck when we got into the store.

Finally, we go over the house, which sits in a normal residential neighborhood that college kids don't live in (Buddha had already graduated) and pull out 4 of the kegs and set them up outside on the porch in tubs of ice. We looked at each other and just shook our heads knowing there was no way we would drink this much alcohol in one night. We left one in the car since we had nowhere else to put it.

The people start flowing in at like 9:30. It's a nice steady flow of people that I know or at least know of and understand how they heard about the party. The beer starts flowing, music starts playing and the party begins to get mad fun. I'm already trashed and someone comes through the crowd of people and told me that my Pops had showed up. I was like what? Naturally, I gave my boy my beer since Pops had never seen me drink before and I went outside to see him. He said that I had left a flyer at the house and decided to stop by and say hello and happy birthday since I didn't see him the day before. I hung out with a little bit and he was like I think I'm going to leave now before the cops show up or the street gets blocked. I didn't understand what he meant by the street being blocked so I looked around and saw that there were cars everywhere. Cars on the side of the street, in people's yards and parked in the middle of the street.

At this point, we had been partying for about an hour and I noticed that there was a massive amount of people at the party that I didn't know. People knew it was my birthday so I had strangers come up and be like oh hey man happy birthday here's another beer (since there was a huge ass line to get the beer in the backyard). I even had one stranger show me the flyer we made to ensure that she indeed was invited and not just some random person who heard about a party. My boy Woody and I tried to do a headcount and stopped trying after we got past 250.

By far this was the biggest party we had ever thrown and it was just crazy. Every stereotypical group was represented. We had the Greeks (who I heard left their party to come to ours), we had the freaks (friends of friends), the blacks, the latinos, the preps and the football players. When the football players rolled up we saw a cloud of smoke come out of the cab in the truck they were riding in. I asked them how they could smoke w/o failing a test for athletic and they were like oh nigga we know when the tests will be ahead of time. As soon as they showed up one of the neighbors came over and told us there were cars parked all over the street and no one could get through. One of the football players was like well shit we can move the car and recruited some of his boys and the one guy of our group that looks like a football player and picked up the car and moved it out of the way. Even though I was trashed off my ass I could tell that was impressive.

Now after the party had been going for an hour and a half I hear we ran out of beer in the back (the 4 kegs) and our spare is being tapped as we speak. I was like well shit I better get me some before it runs out. I get there before the flow stops and drank the last of the beer. At this point it was 11:45 and in 2 hours we had been through 5 kegs!

Everyone just started dancing and partying it up when we got wind of cops showing up. They came in and tried to break the shit up. I heard one say he couldn't get his squad up to the house because there were too many cars in the way. Everyone started scrambling like ants do when you step on their pile. A lot of people tried to get out but they couldn't. Finally I look outside and I see my boy LB in full spotlight. I ran out to see what was going on and looked up to see a police helicopter over the loudspeaker yelling at everyone to get the hell out of there and that the party was over. Meanwhile, LB drunk as fuck looks up at the police helicopter and flicks it off.

After half an hour most of the people have ran and gotten the fuck out and the police officers cornered us in the main living room. They laid into us about how unsafe we were, blah blah blah and that they had to call a fucking helicopter to break our shit up. We tried not to laugh but ya'll that was some funny shit, especially since LB had been flicking off the copter 2 minutes ago. After some more yelling and threatening to arrest us all the cops finally left us alone and we heard the helicopter leave.

It was 12:30, I'm in my Hawaiian shirt, lays around my neck, 5 kegs gone, cop cars all around us and one police helicopter finally leaving. We sat around the room laughed and did the one thing left to do that night...We went for some food at Denny's.

Did I leave anything out Buddha?

10 Comments:

Blogger hanmee said...

Hmm. Didn't see this on any episodes of COPS :) (referring specifically to LB flicking off the helicopter). All you see are men in pickups with only their underwear on. The parking lot of cars reminds me of that scene in "Father of the Bride".

By the way, my lack of experience, how much beer is 1 keg?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

You crazy ass Fools!! Sounds like one hell of a party. So how was the food?? Did you still have on the loud ass shirt ehrn you went to eat?

7:12 AM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Chunky monkey - A regular keg I believe is like 15.5 gallons of beer which would give you about 110 12 oz glasses of beer.

PR Angel - I was still wearing that loud as shirt with my lays when we rolled up to Denny's yes.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

Oh shit I can't believe they brought the damn chopper out on you fools!

I think you are my new favorite blogger. Look forward to more stories of your "glory days."

8:52 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

can you say *complete fools*

9:52 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

FR - THat was one damn funny ass story!! :) I was laughing the whole time I read it. I can't believe they had to send a helicopter just to break up a party. Very, very funny. I wish I could have been there.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

That covers most of it. There was probably more but who the hell knows?

There was also the website collegeclub.com (don't know if they still exist). They showed up with a buch of plastic cups with their logo on it and took a whole bunch of pictures and put it up on the web as this huge party. I have friends now that I didn't even know then that were all at that party.

Wish I would have downloaded those pictures.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

I once was at a party with the Marquette rugby team. I thought that party was nuts. They had 20 kegs, people all over, but i dont think any of that tops the helicopter. That my freind is the clincher, the winning ticket. Mad props to u and ur boyz for making that happen. I can now say that it is an honor to know u.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Homer said...

I even saw the lights on the good year blimp, and it said Ricans a pimp

5:11 PM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

hey get it together and post something new already!!!! we're all waiting.......

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter