Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What If...

I've always wondered "what if." I don't know why, I know it's not the way to live life but for some reason I can't help it. What would have happened had I signed out of school, I wonder what would have happened if B and I had worked out, I wonder what would have happened if I got the #1 this morning instead of the #2 at the BK drive through etc. It's not that I'm unhappy with my life, to the contrary I'm actually really lucky in the sense that I have a pretty good life with a good job, wifey and (hopefully) a healthy Baby Rican on the way.

I guess it's more of me wondering where I would be had I made different choices. I think Cherry made me to think about this and write about it when she wrote about going to see a guy from her past and how she needed to see him and perhaps ask him some questions. There's a lot of people from my past that I'd love to talk to and ask a lot of questions too. I guess I just take it one step further by wondering what would happen if I had... then fill in the blank. Does this make me crazy? Is it insane for me to wonder what it would be like if I was still single (I mean besides me having some major game, j/k). Would I fill out a profile on Match.com, try to go back after B and see if I could convince her to give us a shot, would I even still be in Wisconsin (probably not!) perhaps fly to Philly to meet someone new who knows. Man this is the crazy shit that's going through my mind. My loyal readers (all 7 of you), am I losing my mind? Please tell me (since I'm a comment whore!).

9 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Check out my blog FR!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I have tons of "What if's". If I could go back in to my past there are so many questions I would have for people. I am also going through the What if's now with some situations...

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life would not be worth living if there were no what if's..................


JRo

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if men said what they mean and mean what they say???

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

Buddha says you must "live in the now". Actually, I think it was from Wayne's World.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Best not to "what if" in my book.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Obviously, I think 'what ifs' all the time. Not just about the past, but everything. Like, what if I had made that green light? What if I wasn't a legal secretary? What if we hadn't moved into the house we are at now? I never would have met one of my really good friends.

I think thinking 'what if' just means you use your brain a lot and you are really intelligent. ;)

11:20 AM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Cherry,

Thanks for the compliment, that's the best way to look at it I think!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I think you could drive yourself totally crazy if you 'what iffed' about the important things. It could also ruin a really good thing you had going. Not that I'm speaking from experience.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter