Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"Next Blog"

Has anyone every tried that button at the top of the right hand of your screen? I was a little bored at work today and tired of billing so I decided to play with blogger for a while and see what I could find. There are some crazy blogs out there. I thought my blog was whack. I've seen blogs that have:

1. Naked pictures of the bloggers themselves online (thank God I have my own office!)

2. A blog that told me why Global warming will eliminate man kind as we know it

3. A blog on how to obtain a free i-pod

4. A blog on stock market tips (why would you post this? If I knew when to sell and when to buy it would be my dirty little secret)

5. A number of foreign blogs

6. Blogs about people's family pictures including the drunk uncle that apparently every family has.

7. A blog telling me that the latest Star Wars movie comes out on DVD on November 1st in ALL CAPS with lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and last but not least

8. A blog about a crazy ass Rican lawyer from the great white north...that's right folks, I hit the "next blog" button and actually landed on my own blog.

Crazy huh? I wonder how many people found my blog like that, or when they came upon my blog what they thought (besides wow what a dork). Anyone else done this and found some interesting stuff?

5 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

You know, just because they aren't standing in your office doesn't mean that don't know you're looking at naked people on your computer.

4:45 PM  
Blogger hanmee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 AM  
Blogger hanmee said...

Excellent point, Moral T.

Rican, I found your blog by clicking on "next blog".

There are a lot of foreign blogs, particularly in spanish and chinese (or I just happen to get them).

One guy is writing a serialization of Batman and Robin in the "early days".

My favorite is one dedicated to why a guy hates DC. I love DC, but it's interesting that this man would spend SO much time discussing it instead of just moving (it would be less effort).

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Kim Plaintive said...

I've experienced this once, and I know The Quintessential Negro has experienced it several times: if you check your sitemeter referrals, every once in a while you'll see a list of 20 or so referrals all from different sites that hit you in the span of a few minutes. TQN and I figure that blogspot must have some sort of method for making certain blogs in the short list of "next blogs" for everyone for a few minutes. Maybe yesterday was your turn.

11:36 AM  
Blogger niSe said...

That's how I found yours.. and I think what Kim said is true. I click next blog all the time when bored..

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter