Thursday, July 14, 2005

Great Pep Talk Boss

I only have a few seconds before I have to go to my first ever hearing. I'm excited and nervous at the same time so I decided to go to my boss' office and ask for some last minute advice/counsel. His response..."Oh don't worry if you fuck up. I've told the client you are doing the hearing and we both expect you to lose. This is a good learning experience since the exposure is so low."

Gee thanks Boss. It's good to know that you think so highly of my capabilities as an attorney! This is like having a coach put you in to the game because they are like 10 runs down in the 9th inning just so you can brag to your friends and family that you actually played. I'm thinking about pulling out my best Tom Cruise A Few Good Men impression and ask the lady (who is unrepresented) I WANT THE TRUTH! Just since everyone expects so little of me and I've always wanted to yell that in a courtroom!

7 Comments:

Blogger Spexial said...

spexial's infamous quote:

"FUCK THEM"...you go in there and show them what you made of..and when you do good and the praise you..tell them to kiss your fuckin ass...

i'm rooting for you!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I say get Ghetto on their asses; tell it like it is. Ask them "Do you know who I am?" I have full FAITH in you, do yah thang.

10:10 AM  
Blogger DannyNoonan said...

They expect you to lose to someone who is unrepresented? yikes.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

How did that client meeting go? "We're going to send Rican in for your hearing. I expect he'll lose. Is that ok?" "Sounds good!"

Also, ghetto on their asses.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

Well damn whatver composure you had just went out the fucking window.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Im sorry FR. That really sucks. Do you like the firm you are at? Maybe it's time to mooooove onto greener pastures.

I don't think our senior partners here would EVER say that to a new attorney. In fact, they would probably have been coaching them the last few weeks and go with them to their first hearing.

Let us know how it goes. You will do fine. Screw them!!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

Good luck G!!

I'm sure you'll kick ass. Maybe this was their way of trying to take the pressure off so you won't be nervous. Or maybe they are just f-ing with your head. Or maybe ... no, that's all I've got

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter