Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Cane Doesn't Lie!

SCORE ONE FOR THE RICAN!!!!!!!! Alright I know the person wasn't represented and it shouldn't be hard to beat someone who doesn't really know what's going on, but considering how much faith it seemed like my boss and the client had in my ability to pull this one out it felt pretty damn good (just for the record my boss seemed to think the case was a loser not that I was incompetent). I am not God's gift to litigation by any means, but I caught the lady in a lie that she was not able to get out of.

Again before you start your cheering keep in mind this lady was a 70 year-old woman but still it was a boost to the ego! Thanks for all the supporting comments though they did make me feel good even if I might have been fishing for compliments!

PS: The story behind the title has to do with a long tradition at the UW Law School where law students run across the football with a cane and top hat and throw their cane over the goal post and legend has it if you catch it then you are going to win your first case. Sure enough I caught it so it came true for me!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Iam proud of you

3:21 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Congrats.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Puerto Rican Angel said...

Aiiiight!!!! you go boy!!!!!!!!!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Spexial said...

congrats!!!!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous buddha said...

Way to give that 70 year old lying bitch the beat down!!

You the man!!

Congrats!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

That is really awesome!! I always get so excited for my litigation attorney when he wins a hearing or a motion. I bet you were flying high! :)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter