Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bombs in London

I usually try to use my blog as a lame attempt at humor. This entry is not going to be like my other entries. In case you have been in a whole or have not yet found out, there were bombs set off in London's subway system and on a double decker bus. P.M. Tony Blair says it's reasonable to conclude that this was a terrorist attack and an Islamic Group has claimed responsibility.

This is sad and naturally is bound to invoke images of September 11th all over the U.S. I simply don't understand why someone wants to make a statement that way. This is probably the most cowardly act I can think of to do. Preying on innocent citizens because you disagree with someone's politics? Please don't be such a pussy! If you have something to say or you disagree with what's going on. Be a fucking man (or woman) and come out and say it and suffer the consequences. You don't agree with President Bush, then say something about it. Don't be a coward and attack innocent people that are just trying to do their normal everyday activities. This absolutely pisses me off because it makes people suffer that don't have anything to do with these people's disagreements. My heart goes out to everyone that has suffered because of this cowardly act. I can't possibly imagine what you are going through right now. All I can say and hope for is that casualties are low and the entire world takes notice (in case you forgot about 9/11). I hate the idea of a war, and I hate that our troops are in Iraq suffering consequences, but after what happened in London today, I think someone (like the fucking UN) needs to do something about this epidemic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spexial said...

i think it's fucked up the all around the damn world people have so much hatred inside of them to just kill random people on end...what the fuck is going on? and what are the fucking powers that be (i.e. the UN) going to do about all this shyt...

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The U.N. has never done anything about anything. Even with the rosiest view of the U.N.'s so-called police power, the best they have done is sent a few blue-hatted soldiers to unsuccesful attempt to "keep the peace" in Bosnia.

Perhaps more importantly, the U.N. has never taken any casualties, the U.N. does not send its young men and women off to die in foreign lands protecting freedom, the U.N. doesn't have an economy which is effected or even funds any activities. The U.N. is not a sovereign nation - it is a body intended for nations to attempt to keep the peace, and respond in unison if war is necessary. By failing to act against Iraq, the U.N. obviated its own existence.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mariam said...

I agreed with you right up until the end - exactly what was the U.N. supposed to act against in Iraq? The non-existent weapons of mass destruction or the non-existent ties between Iraq and 9/11? Just curious.

8:20 AM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

I guess what I wanted the U.N. to do determine that Iraq didn't have WMD (which I know they did) but perhaps go in and do more to convince our redneck leader not to attack and that there were no ties between Iraq and 9/11. I just feel that it's a weak organization that promotes world peace but doesn't show enough backbone when challenged.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sleep Goblin said...

It makes me happy that Londoners got back on the mass transit system. Go London!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter