Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Blogging Dorks

Lately I've had this feeling that I'm falling into the "dork/nerd blogging" category. I check my blog obsessively for comments and feel pressure to come up with something witty/clever enough to induce said comments. I thought that was bad but I was willing to live with it because I know that my fellow bloggers out there enjoy comments as much as I do (the anonymous ones suck if they are mean). I found out that Cherry had a dream about me and D, as well as D and I being the same person (even though Cherry doesn't know what I look like) so I felt safe, I knew I wasn't quite that bad yet.

However, after playing golf this weekend with Nooner this past weekend, I think I might be just as bad if not worse than Cherry. I realized this past weekend that I call people who blog by their blogger name rather than their real name. We called Moral and when she answered I didn't say her name (even though I know it) I just said hey Moral wanna golf. When I talk about other bloggers I refer to them as their blogger aliases and not their real name even though I know them. I think Homer is the only one that I still refer to by his real name. What the hell is happening to me. This damn thing that was supposed to be a hobby is turned into an addiction. It's like I don't know what to talk about with new people if they don't blog. Please fellow bloggers that I now call by their online aliases, help me out. Am I the only one that seems to be falling into this category?

15 Comments:

Blogger Spexial said...

let me be the 1st to welcome you to bloggers anonymous...lol

10:57 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

We soooooo need to start an online support group!! :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I'll admit. Im a blogaholic. Just call me Blogaholic Jr. I am obsessed with it riht now. I respond to peoples comments in my comments the whole 9.

11:22 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I am a blog addict myself, have to admit that.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

If you hadn't called me Moral I wouldn't have known who was calling.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

Yeah, I'm fucking addicted. I figure the best way to get off the blog is to take up heroin. But that's just me.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Homer said...

haha, funny post

will be funny if u start calling teh bolivian "gold nugget"

1:08 PM  
Blogger DannyNoonan said...

You don't call me by my name or my blogger alias, well actually my name IS my logger alias. You call me something you just made up and added to your sidebar. Maybe you should make up nicknames for everone.

1:15 PM  
Blogger PaulNoonan said...

I call Danny by a shortened version of his blogger name.

I do the same thing though to those who blog. And When I am with those folks it's almost always the topic of conversation. It's irresistible.

1:35 PM  
Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Another interesting question is whether I'm a bad person for outing some of your alter egos. Like Homer is listed under his real name on my side bar. As is "legally intoxicated"... sort of. As for Ger... er, I mean "Rican" and "Moral" and "tRJ", your secrets are safe with me. Nerds.

2:59 PM  
Blogger chardrian said...

Now I feel slighted... or maybe honored. Why do you call me by my real name even in your blogs when you know my blog name?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Hey Danny, when are you going to host that blogger dinner you've been talking about for weeks now? What are you serving?

6:19 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Nooner you shouldn't out people that don't want to be outed. That's just hating dawg.

Adrian, I didn't realize that your blog actually had a name my bad bud!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

Wow, I feel like I've found my people. I thought I was alone.

Why don't you set your blog up to automatically email new comments to your Crackberry? Then you don't need to obsessively check back to see if there are comments. (Although you should still check a few times per hour even when you don't have emails, just in case.)

3:46 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Confession to everyone....I have this thing set up so that it emails me whenever someone comments on my blog and I still check back at least 5 times and hour in case it missed one.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter