Monday, July 25, 2005

At least I'm top 10

I found a story here that says that lawyers ranked 10th in a list of "sexiest" jobs. It seems that a high power attorney job doesn't sound quite as sexy as CEO, Fire Fighter, or Flight Attendant. I honestly can't believe that attorneys ranked in the top 10. Other than salaries at some of the big firms I don't think there is much that I would consider "sexy" about my job. If you consider drafting legal memos and briefs, researching the most minute civil procedure motion, or looking over someone's medical records sexy then damn it I guess I know a lot of people who would be considered "sexy." After being in law school for 3 years, I'm not sure there is much that I could point out that I would use the adjective "sexy" for. As has been said before, being considered the best looking girl/guy at law school is like being the valedictorian of summer school. That being said, hey we are at least top 10!

7 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

To keep it real the only thing appealing about lawyers is their money $$ and since I handle my own in that area, who needs em! (oh you know I'm kidden dear!)lol I would have to say some of the top sexy jobs are 1.)Police Officer 2.) Fire Fighter 3.)Pilot 4.) ANything Athletic (sports, basketball/football) etc.

9:58 AM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Hey Man...What do they say about Accountants???

Interesting post tune in to my show sometime.

Ciao!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

I think attorneys can be sexy. Especially when they are all decked out in a suit if they have to go to court. Plus I think the money and the power are turn ons too.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

tru tru Cherry. The whole suit thing turns me on!! lol

11:48 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

happy middle finger monday rican:

http://spexializm.blogspot.com/2005/07/fyinew-announcement.html

12:31 PM  
Blogger DannyNoonan said...

I'm almost a lawyer and I'm extremely sexy. So I'm told.

1:21 PM  
Blogger hanmee said...

I think the mystique for lawyers, CEOs, and the like have to do with power and money. The professions like police and firefighter have to do with danger and physical fitness. The professions like nursing and flight attendant have to do with stereotypes about women (typically) being attractive and attentive to a person's needs.

I checked out the survey and I have to say it's a bit skewed if reporters are high on the list. Of course, that's because I find them annoying when I read the news or watch local news. Not to say all reporters are annoying but you know...

Hmm. Don't see database engineers high on the list...ah well.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter