Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Another Win Baby!

I try not to brag too much but I'm feeling sky high today after winning my second case. Ok this one wasn't really MY case, in fact all I did was write the appellate brief to the Court. However, when the Judge announced his decision he actually cited the argument section of my brief stating "the respondent's brief addressed both the strong facts in their case and the unfavorable facts successfully arguing why the previous decision should be affirmed regardless of those facts. The applicant's counsel did not even give so much as a cursory look at the weak facts in their case."

Naturally I was totally stoked on the inside since the other attorney had given me the "Oh you are just out of law school huh? Is this your first time in a courtroom?" line when we first met. His smug pugdy little face said it all after we shook hands at the end of the oral argument and his hand was limp*. 2 for 2 baby, I know I will not be able to keep this up, but I'm glad to get these two under my belt to give me some confidence...not to mention writing material on the blog.

*I don't understand how people can shake hands like a dead fish, especially men. I realize that might sound a little sexist but I at least expect the fellas to be able to shake my hand firmly. When someone shakes my hand with a limp handshake it just gives me the creeps. It's like I'm holding a floppy dildo.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Buddha said...

Congrats again on yet another victory, dude!! The only question is how do you know what a floppy dildo feels like?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome! So, how long was the brief?

3:48 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Well Buddha we got one of the Quanzers one for his birthday as a gag gift hence knowing the feeling.

3:52 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Oh Cherry - the brief was like 14 pages long.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Southern Fried Girl said...

What sort of firm do you work for?

7:39 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Civil Litigation, mostly insurance defense.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congra... Iam proud of you

6:51 AM  
Blogger Spexial said...

congrats!!!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Was this one alive and breathing? lol (just playen)

7:10 AM  
Blogger shoes said...

congrats. 2 for 2. keep it up

10:29 AM  
Blogger hanmee said...

Congrats on another victory!! Especially since the other attorney was being such a wad!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter