Thursday, June 30, 2005

To be Honest with You....

I never understood why people use this phrase before saying something. To be honest with you, I really didn't like that restaurant...To be honest with you, I think I would like my boy to get laid...To be honest with you, I really do like you just not like that. What the hell is this implying? Are you saying that when you don't start off a sentence with "to be honest with you," that you are lying to me? That you AREN'T being honest with me?

I should point out that I do this just as much as the next person. Talking to MT today about why I thought this made me laugh, I said "to be perfectly honest with you it's the lips on this stamp that make me laugh." Anyone out there know why this is? Do you feel like your point will be believed more if you use "to be honest with you?" Another quality post from the Rican (I was suffering from major writer's block so this is all I could think of, Enjoy!).

4 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

To be honest with you, I hate the phrase "as you may or may not know" a lot worse.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

To be honest with you, I was looking for a "juicier" post.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

You know which one!!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Janelle Renee said...

To be honest with you, I'm never honest.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter