Friday, June 24, 2005

Standards for Dating?

In talking to Homer today about we realized that there is a big difference between girls that you would date and girls that you would marry (I guess that's kind of obvious but we felt compelled to discuss this). Is there a different standard between someone you would "date" and someone you would just mess around/sleep with?

My standard back in the day, and probably would still be if I were in the game, was whether or not I would tell my boys that I slept with the girl. If I would freely admit it, then I would date the girl. If I wasn't comfortable telling my boys that I slept with her, well, it just wasn't going to work out ;-). What are some of your standards for "dating" people?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Danielle said...

of course ther eis a difference to me! A guy I could "just date" could just be good looken or good in bed or just a time passer but a dude I would marry would have to have a million other things in common: life goals, etc. Theres a huge difference!

2:43 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Ha! Danielle my dear, I was talking about a difference between a guy you hook up/sleep with rather than a guy you actually date and tell your friends about. Not marriage.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous danielle said...

Yeah...I will be okay!!! uhm....yeah I am about to leave work, have a good weekend!! (i need to leave if you can tell!!!)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mariam said...

The difference between a hook up and someone with dating potential: when I roll over in the morning, I want to talk to you.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Tony said...

I go with whether or not I would tell my Mom about her.

Yes - date/relationship.
No - bootycall.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter