Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Is Googling Stalking?

My boy Homer has made some damn funny movie skits that you can catch here. One of the movies on there is about a group of college students that are addicted to Google. Now this movie would garner major Indie awards had the Rican been left out of the movie, but since Homer is a nice guy he let me have a role in his masterpiece.

Anyways that has really nothing to do with whether Googling (is that even a word) is stalking but I figured I'd pimp my boys movies up. What got me thinking about it was watching his movie and an article that I read in a magazine yesterday basically asking whether Googling your first love is stalking. If it pleases the court your Honor, I ask that you find that Googling is not Stalking.

I've googled plenty of people in my life. Hell I've even googled myself to see what comes up (nothing interesting). I think if you google someone from your past, or even someone you just met, there is NO WAY that can be considered stalking. I think I would simply call it research! Just because I want to know what happened to B from back in the day and find out whether she married that douchebag loser she left me for or not. I'll admit it, I've googled pretty much all my ex girlfriends. That doesn't make me a stalker damn it. It makes me thorough. I just want to know what would come up or what I can find, not drive by their houses 4 times a day hoping to get a glimpse of them while at the same time hoping that time has not been kind to them (j/k I'm not that bad). Besides I might not even have the right B when I google. I doubt that the B I was looking for has started a "passion party" company (for those of you who don't know what that is, and don't worry I didn't either, it's like a Tupperware party except with sex toys). I also doubt that the B I am looking for is a partner at the private investigation firm of X (but that would be cool). See I'm just doing some good, natural research, not stalking, stalking is totally different. Stalking is like following someone for hours and hours and camping out by their house. I would never do that come on (I'd hire someone to do that shit for me there's no way in hell I'm going to get caught!)

See it's obvious that Google is not stalking. For the reasons stated above, I ask that you find for the Rican in this matter your Honor.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Danielle said...

Well, well, well. I would have to say Googling ALL YOUR EX GURLFRENS is indead a stalker quality!!! Hello!!! I can see googling someone to try and get in touch with them, but ALL YOUR EXes? Your skurring me. (I'm just playen) But, I am concerned. -D

8:03 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I agree that googling is not stalking. Taking photographs of someone while they sleep is though. Learned THAT the hard way.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Googling is not stalking. Is running a people search (where you have to pay an online detective service like USSearch) considered stalking?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter