Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I started my job today and...

Well I didn't commit any malpractice. Why you ask (well you didn't but I'm assuming you did)? Well that's because I spent the entire day assembling my desk, filing cabinets and chairs with one of the partners. Apparently they were waiting for me to start to have someone to take on this endeavor. So not only was I not dressed for the occasion (I actually put on my fav/best dress pants), I had to haul 5 heavy boxes up to the second story of our building (of course no elevator), and get down and dirty to build my shit. To make things worse, I'm not real handy so I had to do shit like 3 or 4 times before I got it right.

I think tomorrow they might have me install a motherboard and see if I can build my computer from scratch. Perhaps I'll even get to chop down some wood and grind it down to make myself some computer paper. I did receive one assignment...I am to write a Spanish ad for our firm to we can market to the Latino/a population. That's cool, except my major was communications and I have a law degree so I have never even taking a marketing class so what the hell do I know about writing a commercial? Any ideas? Man I'm so glad I went to law school!

2 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Am I going to have to build my own desk on my first day? I will have to remember that when (if) I ever get a job I should wear my grubbiest workin' clothes on the first day. Thanks for the tip.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Janelle Renee said...

I do my own marketing. When you are done with the carpentry portion of your job, send your ad ideas my way. I do marking for my business, and can give you my thoughts. Don't forget to send the English translation.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter