Friday, June 24, 2005

Going from Friend to Hookup at the Bar

I was talking to one of my boys yesterday about how to go from being the guy that girls are friends with, to actually getting into that next step where the girl is interested in you and perhaps even go home with you. I think the key to going from the "you are just like one of the girls" to "I'd like to see what this guy is packing" is confidence, a bit of style, a sense of humor, and a good wingman.

I guess the main thing the guy needs to do is stop giving out the "friend vibe." I'm thinking the look probably has a lot to do with that. If a guy shows up just rocking a white T, a backwards cap and sneakers I don't think it's going to send the "man I want to hook up with THAT guy tonight" vibe. When I think about guys girls normally go home with rather than hang out with at the bar, I think about the guy that comes in with just the right amount of style and slob. You don't want to look like you walked out of a magazine cover, but you want to put a little more into your look. Keep the Tshirt but wear one with a design on it, lose the old faded hat for something new, and rock something other than sneakers.

Confidence in one's self is key. If you slouch, or feel (even slightly) that homegirl ain't going to want it guess what? She ant going to want it. Now you don't have to go in there all high and mighty because that sucks too. You just have to be confident in yourself and know that hey I'm a cool guy, I know she'll dig me when we start talking. No one wants to join you in a pity party so roll up knowing that you got some game (I mean shit even the Rican had some game back in the day and I'm not that attractive).

The sense of humor isn't really a must but it's a good skill to have. The worst thing is if you aren't normally funny and humor isn't your best attribute, you don't want to try that shit out on your potential hookup for the night. She's going to see right through it and frankly you are going to look like a bigger jackass than the "old man" at the bar. This isn't a problem for the dude I have in mind since he's pretty damn hilarious.

Lastly a good wingman is desirable. This person can help you get out of a bad situation if the chick you thought you were feeling turns out to be psycho or hangs all over you and gets annoying. A wingman also is supposed to run some interference for you and try to scope out some girls that seem like they might be game for meeting an eligible bachelor for the night. A good wingman will introduce the prospective hookup to your boy be funny and a little crazy (but not scary or freaks) then just like that will withdraw from the conversation to leave the potential hookups to do their thing.

Any more ideas out there to help my boy out? I know some of the ladies could probably put down some insight as to how Yale think and what makes your clock tick considering yesterday's post about me not understanding women like I thought I did ;-).

12 Comments:

Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

Rent (or buy) a movie called "The Tao of Steve." Its theory on getting women brilliant, and it works wonders in real life. I used it to transform from once being perpetually stuck as the "friend" to hooking up with fuckloads of girls, including a few with whom I was once trapped as a "friend" with. You won't be dissapointed.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

When a girl tells you she wants to be friends, it means she is not attracted to you in that way.

I have had male friends I just wanted to be friends with, and there is nothing they could have done to change my mind. For me, there was just NO attraction to them.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

So the goal is just to get a strange girl to come home with you? Then yeah, I agree with Rican. Confidence seems key. But ew. You don't know where she's been! She might have spent the night before with LegallyIntoxicated! ;)

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

I agree with Cherry....When we say we want to be friends, pump the breaks right there, we just want to be friends. You can usually tell if we want more. -D

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

Don't let the Rican fool you. He was a sexy bitch back in college.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

omg!!! lol Buddha you crazy!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Buddha. You can't be saying shit like that brotha, you will blow my cover ;-)

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

All I'm sayen is I wanna see pics and hear stories! lol (just teasen)

1:13 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Danielle,

The pictures (thankfully) have been deleted from the internet and the stories are just too lengthy to tell ;-)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

Damn you!!! lol

1:24 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Email the Rican and we'll see about them ;-)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Buddha said...

I've got pictures for the highest bidder

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter