Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Benefits of working at a small law firm in a small town

Alright all 4 of my loyal readers know what my first day as an attorney was like (re: assembling my desk). Well apparently those aren't all the benefits of working in a small firm. I also got to move the remaining desks upstairs (where the attorney offices are) and assemble them all over again (since we had to break them down to get them up the stairs). That's not all folks!!! I had the privilege of taking out the garbage (since tomorrow is garbage day and the cleaning people don't come in until Friday), vacuum all of our offices and move my office around to accommodate the puddle that accumulated underneath the carpet thanks to the air conditioning unit that wasn't used to running so strongly. Man I love my job.

PS: I actually really do like my job. The people rock, there is always beer in our fridge, we actually have a shower and a full kitchen upstairs by our offices and I got to wear shorts the last couple of days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Beer in the fridge?? I got a tech support job once because the guy who had the position before me was caught by the janitor drinking beers one night in the office. I am glad to hear that the real world is more relaxed about those things.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shorts! at work!! that rules... unless ur a basketball player, in which case (dumb joke i wont finish ;-)

- Yoni

2:08 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Beer in the fridge? Shorts? And you are an attorney, you say?

I am a legal secretary...if you ever need one, let me know.

I think relocation is worth a 6 pack. :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter