Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'm an Idol!

I forgot to write about this last week and since I was suffering from blogger topic block this morning I figured I'd write about this now. When I was on vacation back home last week, I went to the mall with wifey looking for some prego clothes. There was this lady coming out of the mall so being the gentleman that I am I held the door open for her. She looked up at me and said thanks, to which I nodded. I proceeded to walk through the door she kinda grabbed my arm and as like oh I'm so sorry you got voted off American Idol, we were pulling for you since you were the underdog.

I was like what?!?!? Voted off? I couldn't even think of anyone I remotely looked like on that show. So I told her, "Maam...uh...I'm not on that show." She told me that she understood my shyness and said oh Scott, we know you are going to make it in the music business.

Wifey was like did she just say Scott? Like Scott Savol (or whatever homeboy's name is)? I told her that I thought so and wifey said you don't look anything like him. However, this lady was convinced I was this guy and went so far as to ask me for his autograph and make it out to her granddaughter. Crazy huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Janelle Renee said...

I would say it was crazy if you actually gave her your autograph. Did you?

2:07 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Nah, I thought about it, but then I changed my mind. I mean I don't want to be known as the "booted Idol."

8:52 PM  
Blogger chardrian said...

There's no WAY I would have told her no. That poor "booted idol" is now being stomped on as rude and ungrateful by that gramma. I woulda smiled, signed it in big block letters, and asked her to buy my first album.

Then again , I've never been mistaken for anyone (except maybe Lurch).

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter