Monday, April 25, 2005

Wow It's Over?!?!?!?!?!

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but my law school career is officially over. After my trial on Saturday, my semester of the law of underwater basket weaving is over and with that my legal education comes to a close. I really don't know how to feel. On the one hand I'm glad that it's over because I'm ready to work for a living (at least for a little while) and earn some real money and not be paid by the hour. On the other hand, as much as I've said law school is a joke, I'm really going to miss being a student, specifically a law student.

I thoroughly enjoyed UW (so much that my damn screenname has UWLAW in it) and the people that I went to school with (well most of them because there are a few here and there that are just annoying and if you are a law student reading this and can't figure out who the annoying person is in your class...What can I say, sorry you're it). When else do you get to decide how much effort you are going to put into something and be rewarded with 3 months off in the summer and 1 month off in the winter? How many other places let you decide whether you succeeded or not based on one morning in May or December?

So here goes the things I'm going to miss about law school...
1. I'm going to miss, WARNING this has dork written all over it, classes that made me think about why the law is this way or that way, not just what the law says.

2. I'm going to miss having 2 different Constitutional law professors that couldn't be more different but equally effective in making me question everything that comes out of a judicial opinion, specifically one coming from the US Supreme Court.

3. I'm going to miss my tax professor making me feel like I got the answer completely right after he told me that "my point is well taken, but perhaps I should look at it this way" or telling me the definition of a "fresh new basis."

4. I'm going to miss being called on in class and asking the professor to repeat the question because I was reading someone's IM or playing on the internet in class.

5. I'm going to miss my locker. I know that's totally dumb but this was the first time in my life that I had a full length locker damn it (when you live in FL you don't need a full size locker because you don't need a jacket).

6. I'm going to miss acting (and I use that term loosely) in Homer's Movies while I tell wifey everyday how hard I'm working on my studies.

7. I'm going to miss all the brown, black, yellow and red (LEO students) in the law school. This was the best situation I could possibly have come up to considering I didn't know anyone up here and I was 1,500 miles away from home. I'm also going to miss the white people I eventually got to know and convinced them to adjust to brown tendencies.

8. I'm going to miss LLSA (Latino/a Law Students Association). I was lucky enough to be an officer for two years and to see the organization grow from such a pathetic start to a group that I'm damn proud to be a member of.

9. Lastly, I'm going to miss the people involved at UW. From the deans, to the professors and to the students everyone was great. I'm going to miss my friends, the Giblets, the Haters and everyone else I can't think of right now for providing me with 3 years worth of great memories and ideas to post on this stupid blog.

THANK YOU UW LAW SCHOOL! God that was sappy, now we will get back to our regularly scheduled bullshit.

(Hat tip to Mariam for inspiring this sap job)

2 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Does this mean you're not going to blog anymore?? Some of us are still going to require cheap entertainment!

9:06 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Of course I'll blog. It just won't be about how ridiculous law school is. It will be about how ridiculous law practice is no worries.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter