Friday, April 29, 2005

W strikes again

Those who know me well, know that I am not a big fan of President Bush. I do not agree with most (actually closer to all) of his conservative positions on basically all issues. I especially do not like his ties to the Middle East oil money and his friendly tax cuts to big corporations and rich people. However, W stooped to a new low last night!

That bastard made me choose between Survivor and The Apprentice, my two favorite reality tv shows on television. He had to come on primetime tv to explain some crap about privatization of Social Security before it goes bankrupt when my generation gets old. Look I already know that SS won't be there when I retire, I don't need this redneck from podunk TX to come on TV and make me miss my shows to tell me that. Can't he just issue a press release and relieve us of his propaganda?

He made me choose between watching my fantasy Survivor team fall apart since the hottie Steph was voted out, and watching another one of those snobby ass educated people get fired. (To side track slightly I originally was pulling for a high school educated person to win just because I hated the snobs on the educated team but the more I watch of this show the more and more I'm impressed with Kendra, the last remaining college educated person). Basically what I ended up doing was watching Survivor and flipping to the Apprentice during the commercial breaks. Hey W in the future when you feel like you need to come on primetime tv make sure it's not on Thursdays damn it (or Tuesday because I kinda like the Amazing Race too!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerry -

Get a Life!

Love,
the rest of the world

11:59 AM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

You can't even post your name nooner?

12:00 PM  
Blogger chardrian said...

I too was not so happy with W. Had the night planned for Survivor and then a poker tourney starting at 8. Won my money for the tourney and went to go watch Survivor only to see monkeyboy W. So I ended up watching some dumbass Newlywed type game show on ESPN 2 for an hour, unregistering for my tourney and then watching Survivor, which was only good for the first half-hour, because it became painstakingly clear that hottie Steph was getting voted off and the editors were trying to create drama where none existed. Damn W - y do all the networks feel compelled to show him? I would think only ABC would since they don't have anything good on Thursday nights (or any night really) anyways.

2:37 PM  
Blogger DannyNoonan said...

That was NOT me. I, of course, would post my name when I tell you that you are lame for watching/writing about reality TV.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Dude, I totally agree with you on the whole W-Debacle! He prevented me from seeing both Joey and The O.C. Grr!!!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter