Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Randomness about college

Randy wrote about why he chose to major in biopsychology or some shit and it made me think of why 1) I chose the colleges I went to and 2)why I chose the major that I did.

First, I knew I was going to end up at Florida State, I attended baseball camps there, knew the coaches well and although I wasn't going to get a scholarship, I knew that I could make the team. I went on a tour and enjoyed it enough. To make my parents happy I took a tour at UCF. I didn't think there was any way I was going to go to school in Orlando but that all changed when my I was assigned my tour guide. Not only was she gorgeous, but she introduced me to all of her equally gorgeous friends and the baseball coach offered me a scholarship. Sure the baseball offer was nice, but let's be honest the real reason I went was because there were hotties all over the place.

When I was thinking about majors I thought about what I wanted to do (sports broadcasting) and decided on communications. Halfway through I decided that I didn't really want to do broadcasting but once that I saw that all the cheerleaders were in my classes so I didn't bother changing my major.

When it came to law school I was a little smarter in my selection process (only one school let me in j/k). I went to the only school that offered me money and was fairly highly ranked (although that ranking is going down since my class started 3 years ago). It's a good thing I didn't use the same criteria as I did for undergrad because I would have gone to a private school in Florida and been out $100K for a weaker education (not to mention wifey wouldn't approve of my reasoning).

1 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I always wonder how people from warm places end up here...

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter