Tuesday, April 05, 2005

More interview fun

1 of my 4 loyal readers stated in her blog here that she is mocked by her Xbox. I think I'm going through the same thing only with rejection letters from firms, corporations, and every other place I've applied over the last year. I have a stack at home that is probably about 200 pages high that essentially all say the same thing (if I ever commit suicide I'm going to spread all these letters all over my body before I pull the trigger so they can all feel shitty). However, yesterday I reached a new low.

I had an interview yesterday at an insurance company in Chicago for a non-lawyer position. I figured since I was having such great luck interviewing for lawyer positions I might try something else. My interview was about an hour long and by all accounts went pretty well (at least I thought). I actually have experience in the area I was interviewing for so I figured I had a realistic shot of getting at least a call back. The interview ended at 11:30 and then I drove back to Madison for class. After class ended at 3:20 I went home check my email and in my inbox was an email from the HR department of this company with an attachment that came into my inbox at 2:00 p.m.

There was no "message" in the email, simply the attachment which I opened. Upon opening the attachment, I realized it was a rejection letter. Naturally I was a little annoyed considering that: 1) they couldn't wait at least until tomorrow to let me know; 2) they couldn't send me an actual letter like everyone else; and 3) why bother attaching a word document and not just type the email in the message box? I definitely have hit a new low for rejection. A whole 2 hours after my interview the rejection letter came. I thought it was bad when I got a "snail mail" rejection letter 3 days after the interview. Damn was I wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I once received two rejection letters from the same firm. I guess they REALLY wanted to make sure I understood that they weren't interested.

I too have an impressive stack of rejection letters. People ask me why I hang on the them and I like to tell them that when I am a judge I am going to fashion my robe out of them.

1:43 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

That's pretty bad, but I have to one up you. I once received a rejection letter from a firm that I didn't apply to.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

You win.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous acw said...

Do you think the whole rejection thing has to do with the fact that a lot of firms are looking for individuals with 2-3 yrs of experience?

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter