Friday, April 01, 2005

Bathroom Etiquette

I saw something gross yesterday at the law school so naturally I thought I would post about it. I was washing my hands after using the facilities in school (which must be cleaned about every 5-10 years since they haven't been cleaned in the 3 years that I've been there) when some dude came out of the stall rinsed his hands (no soap) for like 5 seconds, dried them off and left.

I'm not some clean freak psycho that's scared of all germs and I'm not obsessive compulsive but damn dude after doing the nasty you can't even hook up a little squirty of soap on those nasty ass paws? I mean we all know what goes down when you drop the kids off at the pool. When you wipe you need to wash. I used to think it was different for guys that only pee'd since I don't piss on my hands I assumed other guys didn't either, but after seeing some dudes' aim on some of these bathrooms I started changing my mind and washing my hands after flushing too because God knows where the hell they pissed.

Going back to this guy (who will remain nameless), I just couldn't believe it. I mean this wasn't one of those people where you look at and you could be like, oh I expect it out of him. This is one of the "cool" kids in the law school that seems to know what's going on (except in the bathroom department that is). So after gagging and ensuring that I never open another bathroom door from the inside w/o a paper towel on my hand for cover from these nasty bitches I started wondering something. Do girls do this too? Do you have some nasty chicks that don't wash after wiping? If so what do you do? Do you call them out or just use the paper towel approach to the door handle like me?

5 Comments:

Blogger chardrian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:09 AM  
Blogger chardrian said...

The real question is do women leave their logs without flushing like a lot of guys do? This aspect of male restrooms has got to be the most disgusting - at least 90% of the time there is at least one stall where someone has left their evidence for all to see. And even grosser to me, is that usually these floaters are not accompanied by any toilet paper. So are there really that many guys out there who 1) don't know how to flush, and 2) don't wipe themselves?? That's why I always take my constitutionals at home.

10:10 AM  
Blogger chardrian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

ew. There are girls who don't wash their hands. The best approach is to kick the door out when you're finished so you don't have to touch the handle. If this guy didn't wash his hands though there is no telling where his poo-germs will end up. Soda machine, water fountain, that table you're sitting at RIGHT NOW!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know: some women flush the toilet with their foot? The shoe, that has been around the nasty toilet bowl ground then touches the button/stick. How about protecting your hand with a piece of toilet paper, then disposing in the bowl when you flush? Or just flushing regular, then washing your hands with soap. I'd call it a draw for both sexes on bathroom etiquette, an individual thing.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter