Sunday, March 06, 2005

Un-PC Humor

At the suggestion of my boy Homer, I rented Harold and Kumar go to White Castle yesterday. He told me it was hilarious while another friend told me it sucked so I was conflicted. After watching it, I have to say it was one of the funnier movies I've seen this year. The humor is totally along my way of thinking. The jokes are geared toward race and toilet humor. Which got me thinking why aren't there more race humor movies out there? I personally know that there are lots of people who find that stuff funny. For example here's something that I've observed in my time here in Madison and back in Orlando (which I'm sure will piss people off but oh well deal with it).

Why is it that black people work at Taco Bell and hispanic people work at KFC (for those of you that don't know one of the racial humor stereotypes is that black people like fried chicken, cornbread and kool-aid). Do they think that if Taco Bell hires a brown person that their inventory is all of a sudden going to get low? "Excuse me sir can I get a burrito Bel Grande please? Nah man (insert licking fingers noise here) I just ate the last one." And vice versa for black people and KFC. "Ah yes sir I'd like a bucket of the colonel's finest please (in the most white voice you can think of). Sorry bro, Jerome just came back from his lunch break and cleaned us out." Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I alone?

1 Comments:

Blogger DannyNoonan said...

I think it's just you. Most of us do not have our senses so finely tuned to racial differences as you do.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter