Monday, March 28, 2005

Spring Break Thoughts

Now that I've given you the recap of the interview from hell and the rest of my spring break (see below), here are some thoughts I have in general about spring break.

First, I'm very depressed right now. Not because I'm back in cold weather (although if you ask the people up here I'm sure 50's isn't cold to them), but rather because when I stepped off the plane in Madison, I realized that this was my last spring break of my life (at least for a long while since wifey informed me I was done going to school for a while). As I stated before my buddies and I went out all week last week but it was going out at home, it wasn't going to some club at some spot we had never been before though and probably would only return in our memories.

Gone are the days where my name isn't Gerry but something like Trace, or Luther or some other crazy names. Gone are also the days where we were "UCF Football Players" (after this 0-11 season they just put up I'm sure we would make up another school). Lastly, gone are the days where we would get up early and trade tickets with the other 10 people in the room to go down and get our continental breakfast, go to Walmart after that, spend $100/day on cases on beer, $2 on a loaf of bread, some peanut butter and jelly.

Now spring breaks consist of job interviews, going out in our hometown and playing golf. Which isn't too bad, but taking everything into account and realizing that this is the end of the road, just makes me feel old. At least I won't turn 30 for another 4 years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I wish there was spring break in the real world. When do we retire?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter