Monday, March 14, 2005

Madness Baby!!!!

It's about that time boys and girls. The NCAA Basketball Tournament is here. As I have said before this is probably my favorite time of year. You have spring training baseball where the stadiums are so small you can actually see the players, and of course the NCAA Tournament gets started.

This is the first year I'm going to fill out a "bracket" and find out exactly how much sports knowledge I possess. I'm also uber excited because both of my schools are in the tournament. UCF is a 15 seed (kinda low, I thought 14 but oh well) playing against defending national champion UConn. This is a total David vs. Goliath match but you never know. UCF is a good team and believe it or not has the most wins out of any of the schools in the state of Florida over the last 4 year period.

Wisconsin is a 6 seed (which is higher than I thought they would be) looking at a first round match up against Northern Iowa. I must admit I don't know a lot about Northern Iowa but I've seen a few "experts" pick the upset against Wisconsin so this doesn't look like an easy game. However, I think Wisconsin will advance to play Kansas in the next round and potentially beat them to reach the Sweet 16 because Kansas has been up and down all year.

Finally, my Final Four looks like this, North Carolina, Illinois (man it hurts to pick them), Gonzaga, and Kentucky. The National Championship game I have Illinois vs. North Carolina with the Tar Heels cutting down the nets in St. Louis.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time you're filling out a bracket?! Rican, we hardly knew ye! I know girls that filled out brackets when they were 16.

I am shocked.

The notorious arm toucher

10:28 AM  
Blogger Blonde Justice said...

I always fill one out on the basis of "Oh, that team sounds nice." Sometimes I end up doing better than the guys that studied statistics all season.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter