Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Are Most Women Haters???

Now I don't normally like to generalize or stereotype a group of people in a broad category but it seems lately I've noticed something about the women I'm around or I see. I will preface this by saying that the women I'm around consist of work, law school, old friends and reality tv so I know that this is not necessarily true about all women.

First, (and I can't believe I'm admitting this again) while watching the Bachelor on Monday night, I saw a bunch of desparate women who couldn't say a nice thing about another woman on the show if their life depended on it. Granted I understand that is a "fake situation" and competition but still. Can't you just say one damn thing about someone else that doesn't include the word bitch or slut or ho?

Then while at work the other day we got a new temp for a few weeks. She's younger (meaning about my age cause everyone else is older or middle aged) and relatively pretty. Right off the bat the women in the office start talking shit about how she's probably dumb and lazy (which is utterly wrong on both counts since I had to work with her twice this week and she's a good hard worker).

Then of course you talk to your friends from high school (last week) and they start telling me about this person and this person who is married or who is having their next child but instead of just stating that they always include some editorial comment like can you believe she found someone to put up with her, or man that's her 3 kid already and we've only been out of high school for 5 years. Or you talk to some people around and they just always talk shit about other women (unless it's their friends), or they are afraid to admit another woman is pretty. That's one I just don't get. I'm lucky enough that wifey has no problem looking at an attractive woman and saying to me wow she's really pretty, but I've noticed she is the distinct minority. Why is this? Why do some women feel like they have to put down others or can't say anything nice about other women unless they are friends?

3 Comments:

Anonymous CWR said...

FR:

This is fantastic stuff. Just in case, are you familiar with the WI Whistleblower statutes? One's at 865.95, another's in the 200's somewhere. The female hater phenomenon has gone unrecognized for far too long, and once Larry Summers pointed out some reasonable explanations for it, he was crucified by the Harvard faculty and feminist media!!!

PS Beware the new temp, the very fact that you are capable of marriage must be a huge turn-on for here!

12:20 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

Thanks for the tip on the WI stats. I'm sure that wifey has nothing to worry about with the new temp, wifey is the only one for me.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

Hmm. Good question. Being catty really is great sport though. Gives us something fun to do when there would otherwise be no drama to be had.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter