Monday, February 28, 2005

Similarities?

Chris Rock said in an interview last week that the Oscars are only for women and gay men. I thought that was funny and probably true until I found myself watching them and laughing at his lame ass jokes last night. Then I started thinking (after a drunken conversation with a buddy who has a girlfriend and was going to watch the Oscars also) that there are a lot of similarities between gay men and men with a wife or girlfriend. I mean here are some of the aspects of married or relationship life that could be considered gay if not for wifey or girlfriend...

I actually know what a Duvet Cover is and what it's purpose is (I know this is off a McDonald's commercial but bear with me). It serves as a cover to a down comforter. Now what straight man in his right mind knows this? One who is married and whose wife asks him to buy one for the new comforter we got.

I have more than 3 pillows on every bed in my house. On my bed alone I have 9 and 2 stuffed animals. In my single life I never had more than 2. On the other bed we have 5. 5 Freaking pillows!!!! I mean who needs pillows to decorate the bed?

Lastly, I know what shows like "What not to Wear," "Trading Spaces" are about and can tell you exactly what channel on my TV is TLC. I'm willing to bet that any man that is married or in a relationship can tell you this. Along with the gay men of America. Those similarities are just downright scary.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha , best post yet
- The notorious arm toucher

10:49 AM  
Blogger chardrian said...

Not only do I know what a duvet cover is but I know it is pronounced du-vay not du-vet (although I did learn this the hard way from some snooty Bed, Bath, and Beyond employee - you also know you are married when you shop at any store that has Bed, Bath, or Body in the name). And come on TLC rules, who doesn't like Life in the ER? And yes, I am married - and yes except for the ring, marriage tends to send people's gaydar off the charts.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most comments ever...

11:54 PM  
Blogger FreakinRican said...

So for me to get a career high in comments it takes me to post something about how I'm like a gay man? What is this world coming to.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Ben-Jammin' said...

What is a down comforter? Is it like a comforter? Hey, guess what - I'm single and straight!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter