Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Advice for a random 1L

It's about that time where 1Ls (1st year law students for those of you who aren't down with the lingo) begin interviewing for the few coveted paid summer associate positions. It's funny watching the few who are lucky enough to be interviewing strut their stuff around school wearing their brand new suit they just picked up at your local department store thinking that they are all cool and shit since they got picked.

After thinking about this, I figured out something I wish I would have done back in the day when I was a 1L and something I would love to see someone do now. I think some random 1L should just strut into school wearing a suit every other day or every 3rd day to psyche out the rest of his/her class. Preferably this should be someone who everyone would consider to be the "dumbest" kid in class. I think everytime someone comes up to this person and asks why he/she is dressed up they should just make up law firm names using random last names (torres & estrada; carranza, olivas & frick LLC; etc) and then saying something like "oh you aren't interviewing with them? hmm what a shame."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter