Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Another Big Game Tonight!!!

I know I said that I wouldn't post too much about sports but damn it tonight is another big night. The 18th ranked University of Wisconsin Badgers are playing against the top ranked, undefeated University of Illinois Fightin Illini (can anyone please tell me what the hell a fightin illini is, anyone?). Here's my attempt at a preview for tonights game...

As any college basketball fan is aware, this game is going to be huge since both schools are putting forth impressive winning streaks against one another. Wisconsin has a 38-game home winning streak that dates back to 2002. Illinois is the unanimous #1 ranked team in the country, has a 19-game winning streak of its own and is undefeated. You can also tell this is a big game because: ESPN moved the game from 6 pm (central) to 8 pm (central) so it could be viewed by a national audience; ESPN is also bringing their #1 broadcast team (Dick Vitale, who I think is an AWESOME color commentator with a capital A BABY!); and tickets are going on EBay for as high as $1,200 per pair. If you are lucky enough to get inside, enjoy it, here’s hoping it’s and ESPN Instant Classic). If you are watching at home (like me), kick back with a cold beer, flannel pj pants and a Wisconsin t-shirt and enjoy the ride, it should be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter